This was my obstacle. Deep rooted. Obstinate. I'm sure you all know the type.
This is after I smashed it to bits with an axe. The axe was fun.
This is where it was stuck. I didn't take a picture of it when it was stuck, because the idea for this guff hadn't occurred to me then.
These are the tools I used. The axe, which is buried in the turf, is particularly fearsome. When I carried it across the road to my neighbour's house, people cowered in fear. It was like the Vikings had returned, a little fatter, and a little less pillagey. I used these tools interchangeably to overcome my problem and achieve my goal.
I liked the axe the most, as you may have guessed, but it would have been useless without the other tools.
It wasn't all plain sailing. My poor, soft hands, which know nothing more strenuous than removing hot bowls from microwaves, were torn, and turned incarnadine. But I stuck with it. Because, sometimes, pain is worth going through, to achieve something worthwhile.
By the end of the day, I'd removed my obstacles, and cleared space which will stop my garage flooding. I'll need to get this area turfed, once I've flattened it out. You can all come to my house for a barbecue in 2078 when I finally finish the whole thing.Hopefully, you have enjoyed this semi-metaphorical journey into my back garden. Rest assured, my public facing front garden is in much better condition.






No comments:
Post a Comment