O brave new world,
That has no levels in't.
That has no levels in't.
A solemn air as someone's project gathers to a head. But. The rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance. Cure thy brains.
This is an opportunity. The new world once represented hope and freedom, not capitalist imperialism and the remotely controlled murder of people who aren't white and Christian (please note my use of the word 'represented' - I'm well aware that all colonialism, even back to Will's time was based on exploration and markets and wealth. There was, however, a pretence of something finer in the establishment of the Great Satan.)
This could deliver all, be an auspicious gale that catches our sail. How do we take advantage of this, move forward, powerfully seizing the agenda? I'm not suggesting we worship the dull fool, but take full advantage of this chance.
No more levels. There's a neo-liberal marketisation of education agenda at play here, no doubt. But this can work powerfully for us.
The choice is ours. Where do we go? GCSE grades from year 7? Immediate testing on entry, ending the bogus KS2 data problem?
Or just teaching, a pure focus on skills, knowledge, applied, revised and practised?
I have an inkling of what I think. I'd like one about yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment