Friday period one was the first chance I had to take in the atmosphere whilst all rooms were being used. It was pleasing to feel the engagement and focus, as well as enjoyment, emanating like euodia, a reyach for the teacher's soul. Thanks to people's efforts over the summer and the last year, the quality schemes and resources have left us with a strong base to teach from, and clear targets to teach to. These targets don't exist because some highly paid ex-teachers might be dropping in soon; they exist because we want the best, because our standards are high and we strive to meet them for ourselves and those sometimes difficult, sometimes brilliant people we meet, challenge and inspire every day.
I'll turn off the cheese now.
The key thing is that we do this every week, every day and every lesson. We've worked well as a team this week, sharing ideas and supporting each other. This helps us to teach more effectively and work more efficiently. I can't wait to hear how sending pupils between classes for plenaries went this week, and look forward to swapping groups with someone to see how learning is going. There's no team meeting this week due to INSET, but let's make sure we ask questions, communicate and help each other out.
Also, when less than ideal events do happen, it's good to know at least one of us is better than this referee!
Enjoy what is left of Sunday, and see you all tomorrow. I'll leave you with some food for thought from a primary school. I've set up a YouTube channel for the school, so this is something we can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment