Sunday, 30 January 2011

The First Post...

English Team! Welcome to your new blog. This is a space for information to be shared within the department, and also a way for me to hide my utterly inadequate skills with Publisher.

I'll update the blog each week, and maybe more if something special is happening. Feel free to register and add comments - the same log on will allow you to make comments on the school blog so that's two birds with one stone.

Feel free to click on the videos above - I've put in some key words and hopefully Google/Youtube are being kind enough to keep the material appropriate. I'll try to link the videos to texts and topics that are being studied in the future, but have gone for a few of my favourites this time.

On to the real business. Firstly, thanks to all those who have volunteered to write sections of the Year Ten Parent's Booklet. This will be invaluable in communicating key aspects of the new GCSE to parents. I think an electronic version that we can update on the go may be a good idea in the long term.

Also, thanks to all those who offered to support Rachel with her Year Eleven group. If we keep pulling together as we have been, we will hopefully encounter even more success. To help our students keep attaining, please try to communicate with the one to one tutors who are working with your pupils. It's vital that we know what they are doing with them, and support them in that. The effect can be very positive, especially if we are aware of what they are up to with them.

Finally, I hope you are all looking forward to Friday's night out. Some bad news - I might be allowed out. Is there any good news regarding venues etc? I hear rumours of karaoke, which, frankly, terrify me. The thought of Mr Billingsley, Mrs Hodgins and Miss Johnson performing sends shivers down my spine!

Hope you've all had a good weekend, see you tomorrow, and feel free to comment!

1 comment:

  1. Impressive. Could we sign up for Shakespeare school's festival?

    ReplyDelete